Thursday, August 21, 2008

Living on the edge

This is the time of year I really dislike being a teacher. I am so utterly psyched out!! (Do people say that anymore?) New school, new kids, new coworkers, new boss(es!) - my insides are all a flutter. Bring on the medication.

My nerves are seriously shot & anything and everything is getting under my skin. I can usually laugh off an apostrophe misappropriation, but I almost got into a throwdown the other day. And bad drivers usually just make me sigh and shake my head (quiet Stan) but lately I've felt really heated when the umpteenth driver goes straight at the Rock Prairie exit from the 'right turn only lane'...while talking on their cell phone. And this whole chinese underage gymnast thing has boiled me over so much, I stopped watching!

Once Monday is over with, a lot of this will go away.

Just bring it already!

3 comments:

brickmomma said...

you are too funny!

Anonymous said...

Pretty neat. I've been married to an English teacher for 41 years. She's retired. My son and his wife live in College Station and will have our 1st grandchild in Dec. Never knew College Station existed until 3 years ago. Texas is really beautiful. I always imagined all of Texas to look pretty much like Amarillo. Found your blog with "Princess Bride".

Anonymous said...

I also see you listed a book about breast cancer. My English teaching wife had it in 1985 and she's still here. Pretty good, huh? How does a math major and an English major get along so well?