Friday, August 15, 2008

Are you kidding me?

Stan & I are driving to Caden's school to pick him up when I see a cop pulling over to the shoulder coming at us. I ask Stan if he's coming for us, Stan looks down at the speedometer & says "Maybe". He then looks into the rearview mirror, sees the cop do a U-turn & turn on his lights, and says, "Oh yeah."

I'm smirking because Stan's always getting on to me about my driving. I know that's not very wifely, but I'm human. Still got some issues to work out.

Stan pulled over on a side street and had his driver's license & insurance out and ready to hand the cop when he walked up.

Cop - Do you know why I pulled you over?

Stan - (handing his stuff to the cop) Yeah, my wife asked if you were coming for me and when I looked down, I noticed I was speeding. I just wasn't paying attention.

Cop - (handing Stan's stuff back to him) I'm not going to give you a ticket. I just...

Me - (leaning over increduously & interrupting) SERIOUSLY?!?!?!

Cop - Do you want me to give him a ticket?

Me - (looking away) No.

Cop - (to Stan) Oh, you've got one of those!

He then thanked Stan for pulling over on a side street so he didn't get hit.

We drive off & Stan's laughing. Because he ALWAYS gets a warning!!!! I NEVER get a warning! And I'm nice too! I apologize. I have my stuff out.

You have GOT to be kidding me!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The "ALWAYS gets a warning" comment implies that I get stopped a lot. I DON'T. It's been a LONG time since I was last stopped. Probably a couple years or more.

But I do tend to get warnings instead of tickets. What's my secret? Well that's simple.

Don't write the ticket yourself.

brickmomma said...

Ok, that's a funny story!!

Shannon said...

Hubby has gotten TWO warnings in the last two months. WHATEVER!

opa said...

attaboy, Stan!