Saturday, August 30, 2008

And now you know why I'm an English teacher

I am totally addicted to the online library program. I taped my barcode number to my computer so I wouldn't have to jump up and get my card out of my purse every time I wanted to look at my account. As if that isn't a scary enough thought - that I like to look at my account that much - I have the entire fourteen digit number MEMORIZED now! I don't even need to look at it anymore!

And the really bad thing - I have 31 books checked out right now. And 8 more that are ready for pickup.

You see, I browse this discussion board about books and I see some that I think I might like. I look them up on Amazon.com to be sure I'll like them, and I reserve them online at our library. A day or two later, they call and tell me they're ready for pickup. But honestly? Most of the time I already KNOW they're ready b/c I've looked at my account online!

I asked one time what the limit was and the lady said, "Oh a hundred." A HUNDRED???

I probably shouldn't have access to that information...

1 comment:

Shannon said...

LOL A hundred? I agree that is information I might not have needed to know either. I go to the library at least once a week- but haven't gotten a password to use my card online to reserve books. I often check to see if they have a book, but I can tell that once I can reserve books online, I'll be just like you! :)