Monday, December 31, 2007
1. I was saved at 16 & baptized on Easter Sunday.
2. I played the shrew in The Taming of the Shrew in HS and dreamed of an acting career.
3. I met and fell in love with Stan at McDonald’s management class – and we got engaged 2 weeks later.
4. I took the LSAT the day after I took the GRE thinking that I may want to go to law school.
5. I played softball very competitively from the time I was 7 & my dream was to go to A&M & get a scholarship there.
6. I have never broken a bone in my body.
7. I was a Shy-Anne at Bryan High.
8. My fist car was a Ranchero.
9. My all-time favorite movie is Field of Dreams
10. I’m still bitter Milli Vanilli is not a legitimate band. To this day, if I hear “Blame it on the Rain” I will stop what I’m doing & sing at the top of my lungs…while ‘stage-dancing’.
Friday, December 14, 2007
Now, it's a really cool gift. And I should've known better, but I wrapped it in front of Caden. Caden kept pointing at it and saying, "Caden's!" I had to tell him no, it was in fact, his cousin Gerrit's. He got the lego blocks so we had to give Gerrit this other equally-fantastic toy.
Caden got over it - mostly because I pointed at it & said over and over again, "Gerrit's!"
Now Caden goes around the house pointing at various objects, looking at me, and saying "Gerrit's!"
But when he gets to the wrapped present, he grins and says "Gerrit's. AND CADEN'S!"
At least he's willing to share. Let's hope Gerrit feels the same way.
Sunday, December 9, 2007
We met some great friends last weekend at the Red Kaboose Tree Farm. Their daughter is 2 months older than Caden & they tend to be crazy about each other!
The kids had a great time: running around the Christmas trees, petting the one-eared goat, riding the train, & sitting in the fire truck. Caden didn't even get too upset when a grumpy rabbit snapped at him.
They have BEAUTIFUL Christmas trees - at incredibly reasonable prices - and I got a gynormous wreath for only $20.
This is definitely going to be an annual tradition!