Friday, December 14, 2007

Everything is Gerrit's

A few weeks ago, we made the mistake of shopping for our nephew while in the company of our son. Caden decided he wanted the lego blocks that we had gotten for Gerrit, so we will now have to give Gerrit what we purchased for Caden.

Now, it's a really cool gift. And I should've known better, but I wrapped it in front of Caden. Caden kept pointing at it and saying, "Caden's!" I had to tell him no, it was in fact, his cousin Gerrit's. He got the lego blocks so we had to give Gerrit this other equally-fantastic toy.

Caden got over it - mostly because I pointed at it & said over and over again, "Gerrit's!"

Now Caden goes around the house pointing at various objects, looking at me, and saying "Gerrit's!"

But when he gets to the wrapped present, he grins and says "Gerrit's. AND CADEN'S!"

At least he's willing to share. Let's hope Gerrit feels the same way.

No comments: