Friday, July 6, 2007

In the still of the night

It is 9:15 and all is quiet at my house. Caden is asleep. And, bless his heart, Stan is too. He's an early owl & he's got an early day planned for tomorrow. Some of you lament the times when your garage is too crowded to park your car in. Well ladies, mine is too crowded to walk in right now. Stan is getting up bright and early tomorrow to work in our garage, lay some more plywood down in the attic, and shove some more stuff up there.

Anyway, I like the quiet nighttime. I seem to hit my 2nd wind about now & I'll do dishes, laundry, plan my menu, all sorts of stuff late at night.

Our garage sale is tentatively set for the first weekend in August (there's a lot of that 'stuff' in the garage right now too). I am excited. I have never been part of a garage sale before. Nope, not even once. Stan & I have either donated stuff or simply set it out on the curb for people to come by & take. We've never put the effort into an honest to goodness garage sale. I'm even thinking about serving refreshments like the fancy-schmancy stores do. Something to encourage browsing, right guys?

So my chores are done. The dishwasher is running. The dryer is humming. And I've got a really good book waiting for me on my couch. Thank goodness Stan is going to let me sleep in. Let's hope he passed the word on to Caden...

No comments: