Friday, July 13, 2007

11 Years

Today is our 11th anniversary!

I am so happy that I am with a man who can still make me weak in the knees after 11 years together.

I've seen this on a few other blogs & thought I would try it.

Here's 10 things I love about Stan the Man:

1. He knows how to calm me down when I let the stress of everything get to me. I can be pretty high strung at times and his level-headedness is the calm port in the storm.

2. He loves me in spite of all of my faults. And they are many.

3. He is a 100% involved Daddy – none of that "I'm the disciplinarian and the mom raises the kids". No - he's all hands-on & he enjoys being a daddy; it's not a burden. I have to fight him to hold Caden when he's sick or hurt.

4. He lets me take naps on Sundays for as long as I want. Enough said.

5. He is in charge. Again, enough said.

6. He thinks I’m funny. All of the quirks that would make other people question my ability to live without assistance make him laugh.

7. He knows softball is a sport and enjoys watching it. When he tells people about watching the Women's College World Series & they scrunch up their noses and say, "Girls? Softball?" That's when I know I've got a keeper. (Know what I'm saying Nora?)

8. He pays the bills & keeps track of all of our finances. It's not my ministry & I'm not good at it. He actually WANTS to do it & I love that!

9. He washes and takes care of my car. He checks the air & tread on my tires. He changes the oil. He does everything.

10. He cooks! The man makes the best lasagna I've ever had. What he can do with a spice rack is phenomenal. I cook more than I used to, but he still can run circles around me in the kitchen.

I can honestly say that today is the best anniversary we've ever had. I'm looking forward to saying that every year.

2 comments:

brickmomma said...

#4......he is a keeper!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your anniversary! What fun to read about your man. He takes great care of you!