Friday, August 10, 2007

Highlights of the last 2 weeks

1. This is Caden & his friend Bekah at the Children's Museum in The Woodlands. They are super cute together & it is so much fun watching them interact. When one of them would be ugly to the other, they would immediately apologize & hug. So sweet!



2. Walking with my friend Krista last night. We started late, but we got a good hour in & neither one of us 'felt it' because we chatted the whole time! I met her in graduate school at A&M & we've been great friends ever since. Nobody except Stan really 'gets me' like she does.

3. Stan & I went to dinner the other night & the waiter 'properly acknowledged' Caden. He took forever getting our drinks & we had to wait for awhile on the check, but he still got a good tip because he interacted with our son.

4. Getting to visit with our neighbors across the street. Caden basically invited himself in so we all got to go in. They are really nice people & I'm glad that we're getting to know them better.

5. Getting completely caught up on my Christmas planning. ('Redeeming my Season' is great for tips on a stress-free holiday season this year.) Stan & I had the Christmas talk, I got my notebook organized, & I've even completed half of Caden's shopping. I've also got specific gift ideas for about 80% of my list already!

6. I started a running program this week - the Couch to 5K program. In 9 weeks (I'm shooting for 12), I will be running 3 miles a day. Gerald if you're reading this - I would LOVE to go running with you at Christmas!

7. I spent 2 hours talking to one of my girlfriends the other day on the phone. I NEVER do this, but it was fun! AND - she's going to sew a pillowcase & sheet for Caden's toddler bed. Her website - Oh me, oh my Sweet Baby is up and running & she's taking orders. She's incredibly talented & one of the most solid Christian people that I know - definitely somebody that I need in my life.

8. Getting 2 birthday party invitations for Caden. He's a social butterfly so he will LOVE getting to go to parties!

9. Getting to have some special one-on-one conversations with my wonderful honey. He's worked a LOT lately, but we've gotten some great quality time in.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Thanks for the plug, and the compliment! See I do leave comments!!!!

Anonymous said...

"We'll see" about the running. I've slipped on my seven miles a day goal...my daily average is down to 6.3651138 miles per day (hee hee; my spreadsheet log calculates everything) but who's counting? Please remember that shoes are the most important piece of equipment. A very cute little church co-ed told me she learned in an A&M Kinesiology class that running shoes last three months, then get new ones. Me? I have learned that 500 miles is the max for a pair. It figures out to about $.50 a mile for shoes alone. For women, the next most important piece of attire is an "unmentionable." You don't want to knock yourself out while running.

Back to running...."you're on" for Christmas!

The picture of the cradle tickled the memory cells. I'm thinking...an hour of labor in construction per hour of sleep for Caden in it. I still have the mortiser. That was a $300 tool for one fine tuned aspect of the total project. I'd jump at the chance to build another in a heartbeat. But please remember it will take about 432,000 heartbeats to build it. (Each person) (Grin!)

Caden will grow up much faster than you want. (If he didn't, something would be dreadfully wrong.) A few years from now, it will seem like you will have just sneezed twice, turned around once, and he will be graduating high school. Then it's....well, if you have done your job....he'll be a productive, independent, God-worshipping adult. Life's like a book. Cherish each chapter for the new excitement that it brings as well as its unique addition to the story.

If the insurance company "totals" the 'vette, I might like to beat out the body shops on bidding for it. Me? In a Chevrolet? I better check my temperature -- it must be about 110.

OK, back to enjoying the pics! Thanks!