Friday, July 25, 2008

Like mother, like son

So Caden falls in the pool today. 6 feet of water. Just like me.

They had gone to the deep end with lifejackets & Caden climbed out and was sitting on the side. His teacher had just taken his lifejacket off and was helping another kid up the ladder when he just slid in. She grabbed him within 2 seconds & he popped up grinning.

It was right at the end of lessons, so he ran over to us shouting, "That was fun!"

Seriously? Probably the best thing that could've happened. He's been so scared of going under water & now he isn't.

But it sure did take a few minutes for my heart to start beating right again!

2 comments:

The BushHerd said...

Oh my goodness! I am glad he likes it now, but I bet your heart did stop my friend. Gotta love how resilient that boy of yours is!

Laura Brittain said...

My oldest fell in the hot tub in my parents backyard with all of his clothes on a couple of years ago. He swims like a fish now, but not then. You've never seen adults move so fast. We were sitting right there watching him, but the hot tub is deep in the middle. My hubby scooped him out in one super swoop ... but we were all shaken. It is scary how fast things happen ... even when you are watching them.