Sunday, June 29, 2008

Some random conversations...

#1
Mama - Caden, I need you to be real good this morning because Mama has a really bad headache.

Caden - (with a look of concern) Did you run into a wall?

Caden's learned the art of bargaining recently; we're not sure where.

Daddy - Caden, you have two minutes until bedtime.

Caden - No Daddy, three.

Daddy - Caden, TWO minutes.

Caden - THREE

Daddy - Do you want to go to bed right now?

Caden - (pause) Two minutes.

#3
Daddy - Can I have a hug?

Caden - I need ice cream.

Daddy & Caden hug.

Caden - (running into the kitchen)Now it's time for ice cream!!!

Seriously, where do they learn to barter like that???

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That cracks me up! Our 3 year old niece, when told she was to pick up her toys and then she could go to the mall to get a new toy said, "I propose a different solution. I say we go to the mall first and then pick up my toys when we get home." She 'proposes a different solution'? Seriously? Kids are hilarious!

Shannon said...

That is too funny! I swear they are born with it and trust me when I say- it will ONLY get worse! :)

brickmomma said...

Love these conversations!! It is so good to write/type them for prosperity!!

Jenny said...

What a cute boy! Those are some awesome conversations! Caleb hasn't started this yet, but I'm sure that it's coming...I think he thinks about it (the looks I get sometimes are most interesting), but the words just aren't there yet!