Monday, June 16, 2008

Blessings on the highway

1 car

2 ladies

3 miles outside Huntsville

4 tires full of air

...And then there were only 3.

Luckily my carpool partner for the week knows how to change a flat tire.

But!

Before she could really get started, a car pulled up behind us.

The guy got out, helped us take the tire off and helped put the new one on. He made sure I knew I could only drive it temporarily and I shouldn't go over 55.

I pride myself on not judging people based on appearances, but this was a nifty reminder of that, for this guy had a doorag on his head, no shirt on, many tattoos on his person, and was puffing away on a cigarette the whole time. I made some comment about why couldn't this have happened in the winter when it would be much cooler and he said that he had been building houses since 6 that morning. It was now almost 4 o'clock in the afternoon.

All he wanted to do was get home, cool off, and relax, but he stopped to help 2 ladies on the side of the road.

God bless you good Samaritan!!!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

How cool is that? I love stories like this. Tony has been late coming home many nights because he has stopped to help some lady on the side of the road. He always says he does that because he prays someone will do that for me, or his mom, or his sister- if it ever happens to him. I'm so glad God took care of you!

That Chick Over There said...

Wow! What nice guy!