Thursday, September 18, 2008

Oxford Street

I am sooo sad that Oxford Street has closed down! Stan & I went there on our 1st date, well, our first official date. We also ate there the night of our wedding. My family had a celebratory lunch there when I graduated from A&M. Stan & I celebrated our 11th anniversary there.

I get so sentimental about dumb stuff, but this was a really special place to me. If Stan & I had to pick our restaurant, this would've been it - not the place we went to all of the time, but the place we reserved for the special occasions. We always had good food, good service, and I loved the atmosphere.

In the grand scheme of things, this is not a tragedy - far from it. But it's one of the little things that meant a great deal to me and I'm sad it's gone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, now you have ruined my whole week! I had no idea that they were closed! Greg and I go there very often for a quiet, intimate dinner. The kids even like it. Now, I am doomed to eat at places like CiCi's and IHOP for the rest of my life!

Amanda said...

Brady and I love that place also. We eat there for birthdays, anniversarys and special occasions. We also have a $100 gift card for there that we haven't used, talk about upset!!! They had some great food!